Tips for Social Distancing & Recommendations for Animal Handling
- Practice safe social distancing by not allowing pet parents to congregate in a common or public area while waiting to drop off or pick up their pet.
- If a facility has concerns about surface contamination from leashes and collars, ask pet parents to remove them prior to handing the pet to you. Use disposable slip leashes to move pet animals from one location to another.
- If a facility has a concern about surface contamination on the pet animal, wear latex gloves while bathing or handling pet animals and dispose of the gloves immediately after you finish handling each specific animal.
- Don’t touch your face or nose while handling pet animals and wash your hands or use hand sanitizer after handling each specific animal.
- Practice safe social distancing between employees.
- Follow PACFA rules for cleaning/disinfecting animal enclosures or common areas.
- Frequently clean/disinfect public/employee restrooms and break rooms.